Saturday, August 18, 2018

Energy of Excitement

Earlier this week, I received the "proof" copy of Jasper's ABC Book.  My students may have been more excited than I was.  As I opened it, the screaming became louder and louder.  When it was opened, I read it, and even though they had read it to me a week and a half earlier...they still laughed at all the right parts and made comments that made my "author's heart" smile.  Plus, I was the "teacher" taking advantage of the figurative language that "Jasper" uses as he walks through the alphabet.

Then, the next day, they asked if "Jasper's book" was in the library.  I had to let them know that I had an error, so I had to edit and resubmit the document.  They were undaunted and assured me that "it won't be much longer, Miss P."  Then, they continue to tell me I should "pay him" (my illustrator & nephew) more than the stated percentage.  Ummm...maybe next book.

Of course, with all excitement...it leads to other things...what did this week's excitement lead to? 
First, the completion of a book trailer that I didn't share until the book became available to purchase. 
It also prompted my students to ask, "When is your next picture book coming out, Miss Pflaumer?"  I told him that Connor agreed to work on the next set of illustrations over his Christmas break. 
Then, another student said, "I think you should do a chapter book next.  I want to read your chapter book."  [Umm, how did he know?]  On Thursday, I had two previous students stop by my room, and they both looked through the book.  The father of one informed me that his daughter wants me to do a chapter book next.

So...it continues. 

The book was approved this morning, and I had the trailer posted on Facebook before lunch.  Then, as I'm reading through posts, a sweet friend from Tennessee posted that she had just purchased a copy!  Awww, my cup overflows.  The son of this sweet couple whose wedding I sang at...will soon be reading a copy of my first book.  A dream fulfilled....

Now...the dream expands.
My first chapter book, "Kitten Chronicles", is ready to be proofread and then begin the self-publishing process.
Poetry that I've written since high school is starting to get typed into a document just in case I ever feel the prompting to share those.
My thoughts of my 27 year journey as a substitute teacher and third grade teacher are getting organized. 

So....my to do list tells me I'm supposed to add my author information to Goodreads and then share my trailer link in a few avenues that might spread it beyond my friend circle....I'm even contemplating trying to schedule an "author visit" to nearby schools during my fall break.  Oh...how fun!

Anyway...thanks for reading...and sharing the journey to my dream.  Blessings to all!

Book Trailer
Now available for purchase.
However, I will be selling autographed copies locally during Old Court Days on September 28-30 at a booth with author, David Kummer.  Copies sold by me will be less than the Amazon price. [I'll post the price when I have it computed.]
Also, if I can find a local business that would let me set up a small author table to sell before then, I would be willing to do that as well...when my personal copies arrive.
Jasper's ABC Book
Author FB Page

No comments:

Post a Comment